Local Market Planning
2018 Advocates in Action Calendar
(PDF) — This calendar is the roadmap for our Advocates in Action initiative – focusing on hometown advocacy recruitment, engagement and support. The Calendar lists month by month supports that will be provided to local advocacy volunteer and staff leaders, corresponding with specific year-round advocacy goals and activities.
Elected Officials at Events
(PDF) — American Diabetes Association policy and tips for including elected officials at Association events.
- Local Association staff should be included in any discussion of implementing advocacy at Association events.
- The following two documents are templates to be used by the local Community Leadership Board, as tools to outline the role and responsibilities of the local Advocacy Chair, and local Advocacy Committee. All Community Leadership Boards should identify a member of the board to serve as Advocacy Chair. Many communities also have an Advocacy Committee in place. Both documents provide a general outline for these roles, but should be modified to meet local needs.
2018 Government Affairs and Advocacy Update: Presentation Kit
Below are links to key files for use by Advocacy Chairs in providing an update to your Community Leadership Boards (CLB).
- 2018 Government Affairs & Advocacy Update & Priorities (Recording)
- Slide Presentation (for projecting at CLB meeting)
- PDF of Slides and Script Notes (for use by Advocacy Chair or other presenter)
- PDF Handout of slides for presentations (optional)
- The following files should be printed and distributed to each CLB member: